This online training was designed to satisfy the training requirement for mandated reporters who are professionally licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (M.G.L. c. 119, § 51A(k)). You will be able to print or download a certificate of completion when you finish the training.
The training takes approximately 60-75 minutes to complete, but is self-paced. You should feel free to complete it in one sitting or over several sessions.
- You must proceed through the training in the order the lessons are presented. If you choose to take a break, simply log back in and you will be brought back to the lesson where you left off.
- Once you complete the activities on each page (such as listening to the audio, watching videos, answering review questions, and completing practice scenarios), the “next” button will appear on the bottom right of the screen. Click the “next” button to advance to the next page.
- At the end of each lesson, you will be presented with quiz questions and/or case studies to test your knowledge. After you answer each set of questions, you will be able to check your answers and then move onto the next lesson.
- You are encouraged to browse the optional resources found in hyperlinks and downloadable PDFs. When you click on the hyperlinks, a new window will open and take you to an outside website. The links are intended to provide you with access to additional information on certain topics. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, or other information or content expressed or made available by these websites are those of the respective sites.
- Once you complete the entire training, you will be able to navigate between the lessons in any order you choose and use the content as a reference guide.
This training was designed by the Middlesex Children’s Advocacy Center in collaboration with the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office and the Children's Justice Unit of the Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General. Funding was provided by a grant from the Massachusetts Children’s Alliance.